The latest recommendation from the Massachusetts Dental Society and Governor Baker’s office is that our dental office will be OPEN for routine care of all patients effective June 8, 2020. We will be contacting patients that had cancelled appointments the previous 2 1/2 months and need to be reappointed. We appreciate your patience in trying to accommodate appointment re booking during this unprecedented and difficult time. We will continue to prioritize emergencies and urgent care patients.
Our office had been closed for normal operations since March 18th and we have been working hard making preparations to reopen for everyone. In addition to the usual Universal Precautions already in place as recommended by the CDC, ADA, AAPD, and OSHA, additional measures have been taken to ensure the safety of staff and patients. Some of these measures include:
- COVID-19 symptom screening of your child the day of their appointment using an online texted form
- Taking the temperature of your child and any accompanying adult (only one adult) who enters the office using a touchless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature greater than 100.4 will be rescheduled.
- All individuals entering our office will be asked to continue wearing a face covering as advised by the Governor and the Sudbury Department of Health. Please bring one from home as we are experiencing a shortage of mask supplies.
- Medical and dental updates will be completed using online forms so there will be no exchange of paper forms required.
- Physical barriers and social distancing will be followed in the office common areas.
- Removal of waiting room toys and magazines
- Disinfection of common areas and restrooms several times throughout each day
- Medical grade air purification system ( Surgically Clean Air Units) to sanitize the air throughout the office have been installed
- Additional personal protective equipment to be used by the office staff depending on the type of procedure being done
- We strongly emphasize the importance of maintaining your child’s oral health and prevention of disease.
Stay strong, smile, and remember to help your child to brush and floss each day. We are looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Most importantly, (as my child neighbor asked), there will still be prizes and bad jokes by Dr. Donley for each kid!